We hope this post finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We are excited to announce that we are reopening our office. This will be done gradually and carefully. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- During this time of social distancing, we will not be using our waiting room. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle or outside the building. We will call you when we are ready for your arrival. If this presents a problem for you, please let us know.
- Please wear a face mask or covering to your appointment. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one. We will also ask you to sanitize your hands.
- When booking or confirming your appointment, we will be asking screening questions related to COVID-19. We will take your temperature and ask those questions again before beginning your appointment.
- In order to maximize social distancing, we will be limiting the number of people in the office. Our appointment times may need to be modified in order to reduce traffic coming in and out of the office.
- We ask that only patients with scheduled appointments come into the office. Please contact us if circumstances require a guardian or caretaker to be present. We can email any paperwork that requires parent or guardian signatures.
- Returning and follow-up appointments will be made by phone after appointments are complete.
- Payments will be taken by phone prior to or following appointments.
- Thank you for your cooperation during these trying times. Please know, as always, we are putting safety first.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call (775) 826-2826.
If you are not feeling well or have a cough or fever, please stay home. We will send patients home that have any symptoms, and we will schedule you for a later date.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Logan Smith and Team